The Caminito del Rey consists of a pedestrian bridge, completely renovated, about 3 kilometers long, only 1 meter wide, 100 meters above the river, between two totally vertical walls.
It is so called because King Alfonso XII crossed the bridge to celebrate the capture of the Count of Guadalhonce.
Our tour is special because it is guided, which makes a big difference compared to doing it yourself, since the guide enriches the magnificent tour with history and anecdotes, which makes it much more special. The routes, 7.7 km and 10 km long, offer approximately 3 hours of enjoyment in the wonderful Desfiladero de los Gaitanes Natural Area.
Pick up in one of the cities of the Costa del Sol at an address defined by the client.
DEPARTURE FROM THE COSTA DEL SOL
Pick up from accommodation
ARRIVAL AT ARDALES
Entrance to the Caminito
The hiking route runs between the Guadalhorce-Guadalteba reservoir and the village of El Chorro. A walk parallel to the railway tracks where you can walk and enjoy the famous gorges of the Gaitanes and Gaitanejo.
RETURN TO THE COSTA DEL SOL
- Hotel pick up
- Round-trip private transportation
- Professional guide
- Access to Caminito del Rey
- Drinks and meals
- Clothes must be suitable for walking.
- Sports, trekking or hiking shoes (flip-flops, heels, etc. are prohibited). If you do not have the appropriate footwear, you will not be able to carry out the activity.
- In summer, wear comfortable and breathable clothing.
- In winter, it is necessary to bring warm clothes or a raincoat in case it rains.
- Bring a bottle of water to hydrate during the journey.
- The use of selfie sticks or tripods is not allowed, nor is it allowed to enter with crutches / canes and animals.
- Smoking is not allowed during the entire tour.
- If you cancel more than 48 hours before scheduled departure, no cancellation fee will apply.
- If you cancel 48 hours or less before scheduled departure, there is a 100% cancellation fee.